January 26, 2006

Touched by an Angel?



January 24. Tuesday. 11:45pm. An angel?

I was already waging the white flag to hint that I lost the battle against my bed. I was finalizing a report when my droopy eyes conjured up the closing of the lids. Then everything was black.

“Ugh…” I shouted according to my cousin who was still up. I asked him, “Did you touch me to wake me up?” Nay.

I forgot to pray. I thanked God for sending His soldier to guide or protect me during that night. I realized I ate like a glutton so the drowsiness was caused by my system that slowed down in digesting the football of food in my tummy.

My cousin said that I was stunned based on my facial expressions. I even jerked according to him. That’s why he was equally stunned.

This was not the first time. I almost fell asleep last year when my cellphone suddenly created noise which roused me. The text message was just an advisory from 2364. Then I realized I had not yet taken out from the stove the pot of rice. I rushed to it and as expected the pot of rice already had burnt crusts.

God loves me. He makes His presence felt at times you did not even call for Him. He finds a way. He interferes in events He believes are not meant for me. He is truly omniscient and omnipresent.

Perhaps, God does not want me to join Him yet because I still have a lot of unfinished duties with my family, community, and humanity.

Lord, I am willing to take the oath of responsibility for the grand plan you have intended for me.

But if that was my swansong on my bed, gosh, a pancreatic failure or third degree burn seems to be an unglamorous autopsy report… (grin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home