December 19, 2005

For the first time


My mom did not greet me last December 2, my birthday. It is the first time in 26 years. I am sad because until now I am still not in good terms with the greatest woman of my life.

I can't blame her. But she can't blame me too. I ranted about her excessive support to my eldest brother's family who still depends much on my mom. She has been too emotional since our family was extended.

It is okay to serve as the backbone of her weak child. But she has to teach him and his family how to stand alone. She keeps on giving them fish and has not taught them how to fish on their own.

A mother's love is surely so hard to understand. I am not envious but I think her actions do not really help my brother in the long run.

Some may think I am heartless. Maybe. Maybe not. There is nothing wrong with helping. But when your resources run dry, there has to be change in ways.
I hate the idea of thinking in boxes. It prevents growth. It kills the excitement.

A mother is a mother. And I love her so much. I hope we can mend our differences this Christmas. After all, she will never admit she did anything wrong because she only expressed her love. Ah...love is sometimes unfathomable.

As the younger one who respects her a lot, I must find the way to settle this even if it entails extinguishing the light of logic.

1 Comments:

Blogger cecil said...

sir, nabasa ko yung kauna-unahan nyong entry.ganyan din nararamdaman ko ngayon.pero hindi pa naman kame nagkakaroon ng misunderstanding ni nanay.nakakainis lang kasi parang hindi na tulong yung ginagawa nya sa pamilya ng kuya ko.like what you've said, she's giving them fish & not teaching them to fish on their own.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home