December 21, 2005

I am in love with Ayn Rand


Since Saturday (December 17), I have been reading Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. I can't stop myself from devouring each page because of the suspenseful and reader-friendly turn of events. The last time I had this exuberance was when I skimmed over John Grisham's The Client.

It talks about the intellectual and practical conflict in architecture. It tackles how the real corporate world operates, the different strategies used to top the competition based either on meritocracy or sheer wiliness. It highlights Peter Keating who will reach his goal even if it means stepping on others and bending his principles versus Howard Roark who defends his principles even if it means being stepped on by others.

I seemed to be more enlightened about the difficulties we will all face in order to succeed. It is inspirational for someone like me who encounters the same dilemma nowadays. I hope I can and will always tread the righteous path.
I still have 552 pages left... Perhaps on my next update I will synthesize this 704-page controversial novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home