December 13, 2006

Intoxication

For the fourth time of my entire life I was drunk (or just tipsy) last December 2. It was my birthday; I missed the feeling of not minding anyone but myself so I downed 5 mugs of beer and two shots of Black Russian. I had to drink a lot of water and pee many times in order to be “detoxified” so that I can go home safely. We ended the party at 12 midnight after hours of singing, dancing, and laughing; things that I can’t do while inside the classroom.

When intoxicated you forget about your problems and obligations. It is, thus, less surprising why so many people get into this habit. You enjoy the warm company of “drinking mates” who might be with you for the same reason. The spree creates a world devoid of pressure as long as everyone in the venue has the mindset to enjoy and enjoy and enjoy!

Each one of us is intoxicated not by liquor or by any form of beverage but by the idea of pleasure. We have inherent hedonistic desires that compel us to find them. Whatever is pleasurable becomes a need. Who would not want the happiness brought about by eating chocolates, fine dining with friends, and touring the country with family?

Intoxication is good only with good intentions. Some get intoxicated by avarice for power and money. They attain this at other people’s expense. They wreak havoc to families, friendships, or any other relationships. It is a form of intoxication that is not worth spending for hours and not worth planning with cohorts.

I’m glad that during my birthday, even if I was too frantic and at times irritating I was drunk with good memories with good friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home